One of St John’s First Fleeters, William Dowling was also the first adult male buried there and the third person buried at the cemetery overall. He had come to the Colony of New South Wales as a marine on the Lady Penrhyn (1788). He was buried on 4 May 1790. His grave is unmarked and its exact location within the cemetery is unknown.
- Alternate: William Dowlan
- Unmarked grave, location unknown, St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta
- Marine, New South Wales Marine Corps, Lady Penrhyn (1788)
- Parish Burial Records, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- Ron Withington, Dispatched Downunder: Tracing the Resting Places of the First Fleeters, (Woolloomooloo, The Fellowship of First Fleeters, 2013), p.440
# Ship: Lady Penrhyn (1788)
# Grave: unmarked