John Richards is one of St John’s First Fleeters. He came to the colony as a convict on board the First Fleet ship Scarborough (1788) and died, at The Ponds, in August 1793, aged 63. Richards lies in an unmarked grave at the cemetery; its exact location, therefore, is unknown.
- Unmarked grave, location unknown, St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta
- Convict Scarborough (1788)
- Mollie Gillen, The Founders of Australia: A Biographical Dictionary of the First Fleet, (Sydney: Library of Australian History, 1989)
- Parish Burial Records, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- Ron Withington, Dispatched Downunder: Tracing the Resting Places of the First Fleeters, (Woolloomooloo, The Fellowship of First Fleeters, 2013), p.441
# Ship: Scarborough (1788)
# Grave: unmarked