Edward Maclean is one of St John’s First Fleeters. He was transported as a convict per Scarborough (1788) and died, aged 63, on 6 February 1794 at Parramatta. He was buried the following day, 7 Februrary 1794 as “James McLane.” His grave is unmarked, therefore its exact location in the cemetery is unknown.
- Unmarked grave, location unknown, St. John’s Cemetery, Parramatta
- Alternate: James McLane
- Convict Scarborough (1788)
- Mollie Gillen, The Founders of Australia: A Biographical Dictionary of the First Fleet, (Sydney: Library of Australian History, 1989)
- Parish Burial Records, Textual Records, St. John’s Anglican Church Parramatta, New South Wales, Australia.
- Ron Withington, Dispatched Downunder: Tracing the Resting Places of the First Fleeters, (Woolloomooloo, The Fellowship of First Fleeters, 2013), p.441
# Grave: unmarked